For use in your application, we have developed and established the multi-functional products of the HYCUT series. The core of the HYCUT system are oils on an ester basis, which can be used as a machining oil, cooling lubricant or cleaner and are compatible with each other. For example, they can eliminate intermediate washing.
Join OTI (Oemeta Technical Instructor) in this Augmented Reality app through the application world of HYCUT, the innovative cooling lubricant system from Oemeta. OTI takes care of his virtual production. You can watch the activities or interact in one place or another.
To use the app, the original HYCUT brochure is required in the current edition (as of Sep. 2017). If the brochure is not available, you can also download and print it here.
What are synthetic ester oils?
In the production of synthetic ester oils, the fatty acid, which is chemically generated from natural oil, is specifically reacted with the fatty alcohol also obtained from natural or synthetic sources. In this way, the chemical constitution and the degree of purity are precisely controllable. Synthetic ester oils, like natural plant oils, are mineral oil-free and biodegradable, but in most cases much more durable and powerful.
HYCUT in neat oil applications
All neat cutting and grinding oils of the HYCUT product series are based on synthetic ester oils. They offer an extremely high lubricating performance and thus, can considerably reduce tool wear. Due to the use of synthetic, saturated ester oils the products show a high aging stability. This ensures a long service life. The high washing performance of the synthetic oils also provides for clean machines and parts. The exceedingly good swarf removal of HYCUT particularly improves the efficiency of grinding operations.
At a glance:
- products based on renewable resources, mineral oil-free (designated by the USDA BioPreferred® program)
- multi-functional use as machining oil, hydraulic oil, two-component metalworking fluid and cleaner
- significant cost reduction from process optimisation
- tailor-made solutions
- high human and environmental compatibility
- first class service with individual on-site consulting
Comparison of evaporation loss
At a glance:
- no labelling required, even at low viscosities
- easy washing with aqueous media and ideally, complete elimination of washing
- low-odour and low evaporation loss, giving improved working conditions
- increased working safety due to higher flash points compared to mineral oil products
- proven process reliability with approvals by well-known machine manufacturers
No labelling required according to GHS
Mineral oil based cutting oils with a kinematic viscosity of 20.5 mm²/s or less, have to be classified as "aspiration toxic, may be fatal if swallowed and enters airways". Ester oil based products like HYCUT are much more human compatible and label-free!
Two-component metalworking fluid
The special feature of HYCUT as an emulsion is the possibility to control oil and additives separately. This offers a perfect adaptation to different processes, material and lubricating performance requirements. During the complete service life of the emulsion, the single components can be added in specific doses. Customers such as Audi, BMW and Volkswagen rely on the HYCUT system, which fulfils the particular demands regarding efficiency and process reliability. Due to the broad range of application and flexibility of HYCUT, entire production areas can be supplied with only one cooling lubricant system.
At a glance
- low consumption due to extremely good run-off
- high level of tramp oil separation ensures easy maintenance of the emulsion
- stable processes due to non-foaming, even in soft water
- clean parts, tools and machines thanks to excellent flushing performance
- very good skin compatibility as the additive content remains constant independently from the oil concentration
HYCUT for the entire process chain
The really clever bit: Parts first machined with a HYCUT oil can be followed up without intermediate washing using a HYCUT emulsion. Oil contam-ination, for example from the slideway, improves the lubrication performance instead of deteriorating the emulsion. If intermediate washing is required, the HYCUT cleaner is simply recycled into the emulsion. This is how efficiently you could be working in the future using HYCUT.
At a glance:
- all products compatible with each other
- no performance loss due to tramp oil contamination
- improved service life (can be several years)
- suitable for central installations and larger single machines
- elimination of washing processes
- recycling of cleaner into emulsion
- reduction of waste disposal and energy costs
No chance for tramp oil!
Water-miscible cooling lubricants contain emulsifiers dispensing the base oil in fine oil drops (emulsifying). Due to the fact that HYCUT contains emulsifiers optimised on ester oils, mineral tramp oils are not emulsified into the cooling lubricant. The tramp oil is separated at the surface and thus, can easily be removed, for example, by means of a suitable oil skimmer.